The Village of Amelia is Clermont County ’s only incorporated village that was never formally laid out. The village lies in Batavia and Pierce Townships . The Batavia Township survey was made for Robert Gibbons of Yorktown , Va. , on April 15, 1788 . The Pierce Township survey was made for Robert Baylor of Logan Co., Ky. , on the same day. John O’Bannon was the deputy surveyor. Nicholas Kellar and Archelus Price were the chain carriers and John Ormsley, the marker man, in Batavia, and William and Isaac Kees, the chain carriers, and John Brady, the marker man, in Pierce. Amelia was incorporated on December 20, 1900.